Gamescom 2013 Predictions
The next generation of gaming is almost here. Following an E3 that will be remembered for years to come, as we saw, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 fully revealed.
Gamescom will be the next main event for both Sony and Microsoft to showcase their next generation hardware and software line-up, before each consoles releases this holiday season. However, Nintendo will definitely be hopping to showcase its strong software line-up over the next few months, for both the 3DS and Wii U, while major publishers such as Ubisoft, EA, and many others will be looking to show the European market some of the latest projects and major announcements.
As with any event like this, many are speculating what will be announced, what games will be revealed, and what surprises are in store. We here at Analog Addiction are awaiting the August 21st-25th event with great anticipation, and to help ease our wait, we have decided to showcase our personal predictions for the upcoming event.
Jamie Briggs (PlayStation Editor)
1. Naughty Dog will not confirm what their next generation title is, they may speak about the project but it will not be revealed. 2. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One official release dates revealed, and they will be within one week of one another. 3. Sony will announce at least one more exclusive day-one PlayStation 4 launch title. 4. Microsoft will reveal more information regarding Black Tusk Studios unannounced project. 5. Sony will reveal a Studio Bend developed InFamous Vita title.
Vlad Pintea (PC Editor)
1. Sony will announce a price-drop for the PlayStation Vita. 2. Microsoft will announce an Xbox One version without Kinect. It’ll cost $399. 3. Rockstar will announce Red Dead Redemption for the PC. 4. Ubisoft will reveal gameplay videos for both Watch_Dogs and Assassin’s Creed IV for current generation consoles. 5. Square Enix will have a teaser for Tomb Raider “2.”
George Sinclair (PlayStation Editor)
1. Naughty Dog’s next game won’t be at Gamescom. 2. Microsoft will announce a new SKU for Xbox One without Kinect. 3. PlayStation 4 will get a launch date and will release just after Xbox One. 4. Sony will announce a new AAA Vita exclusive. 5. Sony announces PlayStation 4/Vita bundle and Vita price drop.
Jaime Sifontes (PlayStation/JRPG Editor)
1. Xbox One will not announce announce a new SKU without Kinect. 2. Black Tusk Studio’s game will be revealed more. 3. A Sony PlayStation 4/Vita Bundle will not happen. 4. Sony will reveal 2 new exclusives for PlayStation 4. 5. Freedom Wars (Vita) will be announced for EU/NA.
Hugh Simmonds (Contributing Editor)
1. Sony announces Killzone Mercenary bundle for PlayStation Vita. 2. Official Tomb Raider “2” announcement trailer will be unveiled which will give a release window for the game. 3. Gran Turismo 6 will get a release date. 4. Lego Marvel Superheroes exclusive Iron Patriot figure unveiled along with more roster announcements. 5. Release dates for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be made with Sony releasing first.
Robert Key (Nintendo Editor)
1. In light of the recent announcement that the Xbox One will not require Kinect to function, Microsoft will reveal an Xbox One SKU without Kinect. It will cost the same as the PlayStation 4. 2. We will get release dates on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Like the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 will release in November, but a few days before Microsoft’s machine. 3. PlayStation Vita will receive a price drop to $199.99 since it’s right before the holiday season OR – 4. The Vita will come with the PlayStation 4 in a separate bundle because of the second screen experience. This bundle will cost $549.99 to $599.99. 5. Nintendo will have a Nintendo Direct about a Nintendo Direct… about a Nintendo Direct. It will be titled “Nintendo Direception: My Body Has Been Ready.”
Eric Pepper (Xbox Editor)
1. There will be no version of the Xbox One without Kinect. 2. Sony and Microsoft will both announce release dates for their next consoles, with the PlayStation 4 coming out two weeks before the Xbox One. 3. Microsoft and Sony will each showcase a new exclusive for their upcoming systems. 4. The Vita will receive a price drop effective immediately. 5. Nintendo will release another Nintendo Direct, featuring Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, and reveal two more new characters for the games.
Javan Rivera (Nintendo Editor)
1. Ubisoft will announce a new Assassin’s Creed game for the PlayStation Vita. It will not be a continuation of Aveline’s story. 2. Sony will not announce a Vita price drop, but will instead announce a new set of Vita bundles to mitigate the price. 3. Nintendo will provide a hint (artwork, or a teaser trailer), for Shigeru Miyamoto’s new Wii U project. 4. Media Molecule will announce a new PS4 exclusive. It will not be related to LittleBigPlanet. 5. Microsoft will announce Crackdown 3 as an Xbox One launch window title.
Nathan Manning (Xbox Editor)
1. Consumers will leave Gamescom more confused about what the Xbox One will and won’t have. 2. Nintendo will announce another Mario game for either of its consoles. 3. Microsoft will launch the Xbox One in the same week as Call of Duty: Ghosts. 4. Sony will announce the PlayStation 4 will launch globally before 2014. 5. Valve will announce nothing, annoying its die hard fans yet again.
What do you think will be the biggest news to come out of Gamescom this year? Do you agree or disagree with our predictions? Let us know in the comments below and merry Gamescom to you all.
Gamescom takes place in Cologne, Germany from August 21 – 25 2013.
#Bundle #BlackTuskStudios #NewIP #TombRaider2 #Dates #gaming #Price #Gamescom #NaughtyDog #HalfLife3 #georgesinclair #ReleaseDate #AAA #Kinect #NextGenerationPredictions #InFamousVita #personalpredictions #playstationeditor